How are you involved in education?
I am a constant learner and currently serve three formal roles: K-12 Director of Connected Teaching, Learning & Leadership in NPSD; Doctoral Innovation Coach at PennGSE; National Family & Community Engagement consultant at the Institute for Ed Leadership in Washington DC.
What's your ideal school or classroom like?
- Glass walls
- Blended learning opps for students, staff, leaders and families
- Teacher autonomy to do what's best for kids
- A culture of learners whether that be students, teachers, leaders, parents, community
- Laptops for every child, staff member with ability to take home for families to benefit
- Partnered with community resources, organizations weekly
- PD looks more like EdCamp than traditional by default
- Parents and community are always welcome and encouraged to be part of the learning process physically and virtually
If you were to lead a session at Edcamp USDOE, what would it be about?
I'd like to introduce "ParentCamp" to attendees - an event built from attending EdCampPhilly and EdCampLeadership over the years.